It has become a Federal Government
requirement that all people undergoing Vocational Educational Training (VET)
must now apply for a USI (Unique Student Identifier). This includes all school
students as well as adult learners.
This process can only be
completed online, and the school requires a USI for all students to present any
Vocational Educational Training (VET) certificates. The USI is linked to the
National Vocational Education and Training (VET) Data Collection, and this
means an individual’s nationally recognised training and qualifications gained
anywhere in Australia, from different training organisations, will be kept all
Please follow the instructions
How Apply for an USI (Unique
student identifier) Number
- Go to: www.usi.gov.au/
- Click on the box (with the tool, spanner)
- You must have ONE of the following with you while you complete the on-line process.
a. Driver’s Licence
b. Medicare Card
c. Australian Passport
d. Visa (with Non-Australian
Passport) for international students
e. Birth Certificate
(Australian) *please note a Birth Certificate extract is not sufficient
f. Certificate Of Registration
g. Citizenship Certificate
- Click on “I have my ID ready – continue” OR “Create your USI now”. Both links take you to the same form.
- Click on “ I agree to the terms and conditions” only then click on “NEXT” (Do not click the bottom box – you are not applying for someone else)
- Click on box “Create USI >”
- Complete the FOUR stages of the application.
- You will be issued with an USI number at the end of your application.
- SAVE this number somewhere safe.
- Complete and return the below form.
Please ensure that the school is advised once you have received your USI.